Lead Toddler Teacher
Oak Hill Drive
Growing Minds operates five child development centers in four communities of North San Diego County. Our child development program prepares 2-5 year old children from over 400 low to middle income families for entry into the formal education system. Using a child centered, play based curriculum, children enrolled in our programs strengthen skills that will help them succeed in kindergarten and beyond.
Duties and Essential Job Function
Build relationships with families and coworkers and create a dynamic environment where play and learning happens.
• Maintain daily open communication with parents
• Maintain confidentiality
• Report any suspect abuse to supervisor
• Arrange a classroom environment in accordance to program goals and philosophy
• Maintain a safe and healthy environment
• Inspect and replace damaged or lost materials
• Attend in-service, professional development workshops and staff meetings
• Keep all appropriate daily records to satisfy Kids ‘R’ Kids, state, health and federal requirements.
• Meet all Quality Assurance Best Practice Guidelines as well as state, health, and federal licensing regulations.
• Provide input for bi-annual assessment of children's development
• Document incidents and accident appropriately
Knowledge and Skills
Be a self-starter with patience and ability to make good judgment calls; must demonstrate qualities of self-motivation, creativity, reliability, and dependability.
Work Experience and/or Education
Meet state regulatory education requirements for position.
· Possess active Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential and state requirements
· Meet AdvancED Standards for position.